Each month we will provide a quick recap after our community meetings in order to keep those that missed up to date.
This month we came together to share food and reflect on our year of work. Highlights from the evening include:
- Meeting a new neighbor thanks to her curiosity and an effort to spend more time door knocking, inviting neighbors to come out and attend our community meetings prior to December’s meeting
- An update on our $5,000 fundraising goal
- DELICIOUS food prepared by all including chili, stew, baked ziti and some unique dips.
We are currently working towards a goal to raise $5,000 in grassroots funding in order to receive a match from the Fund for Democratic Communities. We still have about $2,500 left to raise.
- Comedy Fundraiser at The Bard’s Town: $463
- General fundraising letter to supporters: $695 to date
- House Dinners: $80
- Louisville Association for Community Economics Memberships: $1,175
If you or anyone you know is interested in organizing a fundraising project to benefit the grocery store, please let us know! You can reach us at email@example.com
Have a wonderful and happy holiday season! We will see you in 2019!!