Grocery Survey Crew:
- Attends neighborhood events to talk with residents and conduct surveys in Portland, Russell, Smoketown/Shelby Park, Shawnee.
- Knocks on doors to conduct surveys
- Trains new volunteers on how to engage in survey conversations
- Takes notes, enter paper survey data into the computer
Video Production Volunteer:
Records footage or Produces a video to tell our story to recruit owners! Videos may also train volunteers in surveying, outreach and database entry.
- Adds new contacts into Salesforce Database
- Updates contacts in the LACE database
- Enters LACE donations/Grocery Ownerships into the database
- Talks with interested volunteers to pair them with tasks
- Enters volunteer information into the LACE database
- Keeps in contact with potential volunteers
Owner Party Planner
Volunteers can plan one event, one time only, or this could be a regular job
Plan one of our monthly events to meet new owners, where people can connect over food-could be a catered breakfast, a night at your favorite restaurant, a meet & greet at a local coffee shop, beer, and trivia, cornhole, parents’ playdate, bowling, a house party, cookie exchange, church potluck, or a gathering with an allied organization or business etc.
Social Media Guru
- Posts 3 or 4 articles or related posts on LCG Facebook Page each week
- Identifies other relevant social media outlets and begins adding content
Community Outreach/ Ownership team
This committee will be sharing the evolving vision for the co-op with neighbors, media, and community groups around Louisville. We need Marketing expertise and extroverted people!
- Media/PR- Get interviews, write stories & Op-Eds and Press releases for the different varieties of local media!
- Go to events and Connect with community members
- Conduct with one-on-one conversation and surveying through Shawnee, Portland, Russell, Shelby Park, and Smoketown.
- Keep in touch with people via social media, email list, volunteers and newsletter
- Designing and implementing the ownership campaign
- Working with Volunteer Wrangler to organize Ownership recruitment events/ opportunities
Market Research& Real Estate Team
- Conduct market research interviews (“customer discovery”) to figure out what kinds of products and services that the store will offer!
- Identify value proposition and customer profiles for the grocery business
- Test product market (pop-up events)
- Comision a professional location and site analyst with expertise in food co-op development to research the best place in your area for a retail co-op
- Explore options for leasing, owning, building new, or remodeling a site
- Set minimum retail square footage needed to support demographic feasibility
- Chose one or two people to handle site search and real estate negotiations
- Negotiate a lease or purchase agreement
- Create an initial site plan and store design
- Get preliminary approval from the city for the plans
- Begin the bidding selection process for an architect and building contractors
- Hire a project manager to oversee implementation after a site has been selected.
Finance and Fundraising Team:
This committee is responsible for identifying the best mechanisms to raise and organize capital.
- Identifying grants and submitting proposals
- Identifying donation opportunities
- Understanding and managing capital needed for launching the store, hiring employees, stocking inventory
Board Member for LACE (non-profit or Louisville Community Grocery (co-op)
Cooperative members elect board members to oversee the launch of the grocery store
- Elections happen at the Annual Meeting, October 15th
- The board of directors that will act as trustees on behalf of the owners, monitoring finances, making sure that the co-op follows it’s bylaws, policies, and appropriate regulations. This includes nominating a president, vice president, secretary and treasurer to organize and coordinate their work.
- Ensure sound management of the co-op. The board is responsible for hiring and supervising the management of the co-op.
- Establish and implement a simple, yet sustainable ownership system, in compliance with local regulations and cooperative by-laws.
Interested in any of these opportunities?
Fill out this form: