Ownership Campaign Manager
This will initially be a Contract position through the Louisville Association for Community Economics (LACE). This person will be primarily responsible for the Louisville Community Grocery (LCG)’s Ownership Campaign to accelerate the store opening. There is potential for permanent employment for a person who is able to deliver outstanding results. The Campaign Manager will work with Committee members, Board members, and other volunteers, for accountability and support, and will offer and receive feedback as part of this team.
- Recruit owners to reach the 2000 owner goal, collaborating with the Ownership & Outreach Committee and LACE and LCG boards
- Solicit new owners and owner engagement to reach the $800,000 goal in Owner loans
- Promote an upbeat and celebratory campaign
- Build strong community collaborations and effective partnerships through one on one contacts, events, collaborative activities, and speaking engagements
- Represent the Louisville Community Grocery at events & meetings
- Supervise interns and volunteers supporting the Ownership campaign
- Provide weekly reports to Ownership & Outreach Committee and monthly reports to LACE/LCG Boards
- Write monthly newsletter updates & create social media posts promoting ownership and the Owner loan program
- Assist in preparing print material and other items needed for the campaign
- Build contacts database of prospective owners, and update this weekly
- Ensure owner and other pertinent data are accurate and accessible,
- Produce regular, clear reports on the progress and demographics of the ownership campaign
- Attend board meetings as requested and committee meetings regularly
Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of professional experience. A strong candidate should have the following:
- Ability to self-direct with minimal supervision
- Experience in community outreach and engagement, with nonprofit or cooperative enterprises
- Experience using spreadsheets and /or databases
- Friendly and positive leadership approach
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including the ability to engage different types of people
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience supervising volunteers
- A working knowledge of cooperatives with an elevator pitch ready for the Louisville Community Grocery
- Sales & marketing talent – including engaging new contacts, developing referrals, and closing sales
- Ability to manage and analyze data to inform improvement and decision-making
- Strong problem- solving skills and creative resourcefulness to work on a tight budget
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the organization
- Commitment to social justice, racial equity, and food justice, and an understanding of poverty reduction, upward mobility, and economic equity
Timeline and Compensation:
We plan for the position to be filled in time for the October 15 Annual Meeting. The final contract will be $35,000-$45,000 for 9-12 months with a possibility of extension.
Proposed outline of your work plan beginning October 2020
Contact information for 3 references
Applications are due September 17, 2020, 11:59PM EDT, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Ownership Campaign Manager Application”
About the Louisville Association for Community Economics:
LACE is a non-profit that promotes community owned enterprises, initially focusing on a grocery which improves healthy food access/education, supports social interaction within a diverse community, and builds neighborhood wealth.
About the Louisville Community Grocery, L.C.A:
Our mission is to build a cooperatively-owned grocery store that supports the local economy by providing healthy, affordable food through just and equitable food practices, employment, and ownership.
Equal Opportunity & Anti-Discrimination Policy:
The Louisville Community Grocery and Louisville Association for Community Economics is committed to affirmatively promoting diversity and inclusion in all of our work and our internal policies and practices. LACE and LCG do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, partnering with other organizations, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, project development and decision-making, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. LACE and LCG are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to promote diversity and inclusion and ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.