Part Time Administrative Associate
Help build the foundation of a radically inclusive, non-hierarchical cooperative grocery. Join the food access movement by supporting a diverse and passionate team committed to ending food apartheid in Louisville, KY. The Part Time Administrative Associate is a contract position through the Louisville Association for Community Economics (LACE). This person is primarily responsible for the Louisville Community Grocery (LCG)’s day-to-day administrative needs. The Administrative Associate will work with our boards and committee members, ownership advocate, and volunteers to serve our LACE members and grocery owners.
- Posts approved social media content as requested and interacts and engages audiences across social media platforms
- Produces regular, clear reports on the progress of social media campaigns
- Monitors social media and assures appropriate response; keeps ads updated
- Coordinates the organizational calendar
- Coordinates owner invoices and ownership payments
- Coordinates list-building for marketing, partnerships, and growth opportunities
- Answers all general inquiries and emails, directing these to the correct person
- Sets and confirms meetings for leadership, including appropriate reminders
- Coordinates correspondence, documents, and organizational files for both mutual and limited access by boards, owners, volunteers and staff
- Coordinates vendors, inventory and stock supplies for the organization
- Supports board members, owners, and key volunteers in using organizational technical tools including zoom,google suite, volunteer recruitment platforms and meeting invitations, as well as organizational document access
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of professional experience.
A strong candidate:
- Is self-directed and works independently
- Is friendly and courteous with a positive work style
- Can input, manage, and analyze data to inform improvement and decision-making
- Can work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the organization
- Is passionate about the big picture success of our work, and helps us succeed as a team
- Is proactive about problem solving, continuously finding ways to improve our systems
- Evidences commitments to social justice, racial equity, and food justice, and an understanding of poverty reduction, upward mobility, and economic equity
Skills and Experience:
- Superior interpersonal and written communications skills, with experience coordinating volunteers and greeting the public preferred
- Excellent organizational accounting and data handling skills, with documented experience managing lists, spreadsheets, and databases preferred
- Excellent social media and document handling skills, with documented experience preferred
- Skilled in supporting others to effectively use technology, with experience supporting a diverse array of technology users preferred
Timeline and Compensation:
Once selected, our candidate could begin working 20 hours per week as early as February 15 or 22, 2021 for an initial contract of 6 months.The ideal candidate will be able to renew this contract for future work and grow professionally within the organization.
To Apply Please Forward:
Contact information for 3 references
Applications are due February 4th, 2021 11:59PM EDT, to email@example.com but screening of applications will begin immediately so apply as soon as possible to be considered for this position. Please use the subject line “Admin Associate Application” when applying.
About the Louisville Association for Community Economics:
LACE is a non-profit that promotes community owned enterprises, initially focusing on a grocery which improves healthy food access/education, supports social interaction within a diverse community, and builds neighborhood wealth.
About the Louisville Community Grocery, L.C.A:
Our mission is to build a cooperatively-owned grocery store that supports the local economy by providing healthy, affordable food through just and equitable food practices, employment, and ownership.
Equal Opportunity & Anti-Discrimination Policy:
The Louisville Community Grocery and Louisville Association for Community Economics is committed to affirmatively promoting diversity and inclusion in all of our work and our internal policies and practices. LACE and LCG do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, partnering with other organizations, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, project development and decision-making, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. LACE and LCG are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to promote diversity and inclusion and ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.